The Bianchi Aquila CV Frameset can be used to make the ultimate triathlon or time trial machine. As you would expect from a TT or triathlon-ready bike, the Aquila has a very aggressive position and aerodynamic features. Finding the ideal geometry for a frame to defy the wind started by running various iterations through Computational Fluid Dynamics programs. They then made their way to the wind tunnel to find out how the Aquila performs in a real-life situation. This process resulted in tube shapes that are recognized by the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA). This thorough approach to frame production by Bianchi was worth the effort to produce one of the fastest frames available.
The front end of the Bianchi Aquila is one of its most unique areas. The frame, fork, headset, and brakes are all integrated to create one cohesive and wind-defying unit. The headtube sits at a 72-degree angle while the seat tube comes in at 76.5-degrees. This helps the rider of the Aquila keep themselves in the most aggressive position possible in a natural way. Adjustable rear dropouts minimize the distance between the rear wheel and seat tube which further reduces and penalties due to turbulence.
The Aquila CV is made using Countervail Technology, a patented formula exclusive to Bianchi. This viscoelastic material is incorporated into the carbon construction of the frame to provide a vibration dampening effect. Countervail has proven to eliminate up to 80 percent of road vibrations, a far better mark than rubber inserts. This results in less stress being transferred to your muscles so you can keep going at a higher pace for a longer period of time. Along with a reduction in muscle fatigue, Countervail’s vibration reduction helps keep the very best handling as well.
The Bianchi Aquila CV is a blazing fast carbon bike to help dominate time trials or triathlons. This frame features dual internal cable routing which allows for any mechanical or electronic groupset to be equipped. This bike is compatible with lightweight rim brakes, helping it move as a great climber with a frameset that weighs 1,300 grams. If you need a versatile weapon that can dominate the bike legs of triathlons or tear through the wind to cuts off seconds on your next time trial.
- Frame: Aquila CV carbon w/Countervail, Mechanical/Electronic shifting compatible, PressFit 86,5x41mm, w/carbon cover
- Fork: Bianchi Full Carbon w/Countervail, 1.1/8", with pivot V-brake, blades straight with brake covered
- Seatpost: Bianchi Aero Carbon custom shape with alloy head adjustable and reversible +/- 18mm (300mm in XS-S; 350mm M-L)
- Headset: FSA No.8-R, 1.1/8" 45/45 SL alloy ACB Alloy bearings
- Handlebar: Bianchi Aero Carbon Fully Integrated flat custom handlebar and stem, width 41mm, stem length 90mm-XS/SM, 110mm-MD, 130mm-LG, top cap included, Di2/EPS compatible, w/FSA bar ends length 260mm